Recommendations for the use of Ariadna CI
Electric Cable Identification
In electrical maintenance works, in order to cope with safety standards, it becomes necessary to identify correct cable unambiguously prior to its manipulation.
The Ariadna CI – Cable Identifier is an advanced, yet simple to operate, digital tool. It helps users to easily identify any de-energized electric cables, energized MV cables and energized LV cables, among multiple conductors, in trenches, manholes, panels, aerial/underground conversions, etc.
This article contains a series of recommendations for the use of this device.
Recommendation 1. The correct cable identification
How is it displayed on the receiver (CI-Rx) that the CORRECT cable identification is?
Recommendation 2. Repeat measurements
Once the device has been connected, carry out a first identification inside the Transformer Substation. The same reading should be obtained in the tasting.
Recommendation 3. Correct fitting of the induction clamp
- Place the clamp fully closed until the induction buzzing sound is heard.
- The clamp must be positioned clamped only on the low voltage cable, outside the shielding and the capacitive conductor.
Recommendation 4. Direct connection
It is recommended, whenever possible, to use the “direct connection” mode.
- Measurement of impedance (Ω) and injected signal (mA)
- Best performance, up to 2kΩ (with clamp: 10 Ω)
- Long distances <50km
- TWO tests are needed to perform phase identification (with induction clamp only ONE)
Recommendation 5. Quick direct connection method
The picture shows a quick way of direct connection of the Ariadna CI without the need to open the bottles.
Recommendation 6. Energized cables identification
- Use the Ariadna CI in mode: LIVED MV CABLE IDENTIFICATION (or LV).
- Identify the cable in service.
- Request line clearance (less clearance time, less impact on consumers).
- Re-identify the cable WITHOUT VOLTAGE, in a FAST, SAFE AND RELIABLE way.
If you want to know more about our solutions for the identification of live and dead cables, click on the banner.
Ver otras noticias