The MRT-700 device is an underground cable and pipe locator, which makes it possible to trace distribution networks quickly, easily and accurately.
- Energised Cables
- De-energised Cables
- Low Voltage, Medium Voltage and High Voltage Lines
- Metallic and non-metallic pipelines
Specially designed for utilities to trace cables in their electric distribution networks. Also, suitable for locating and tracing underground pipe networks.
- 7 Sensors, strategically distributed
- Full MODE: Virtual representation of the cable on TFT LCD colour display
- Depth measurement accuracy (<3% to 2m; <5% to 10m)
- High precision (<5% in all axis)
- Detection of 4 active and 2 passive frequencies
- Depth and feeder current amplitude measurement
- Up to 10 mts depth (factory configurable)
- Correct performance >10 km in length
- Operation time >20h (due to sleep mode and auto power off)
- Rechargeable internal battery
- 2.2 kg
- 10 W output power, user adjustable
- Operation time>20h (due to sleep mode and auto power off)
- Rechargeable internal battery
- Direct connection
- Induced signal via inductive clamp 100 mm.
- Induced signal via internal antenna
- Working temperature: -20ºC / +60ºC
Underground piping networks maintenance
The MRT-700 device with its different accessories, allows to locate and to trace pipes, in an agile and effective way. It is suitable for both METALLIC and NON-METALLIC pipes, allowing maintenance teams to know exactly where the pipe they need to work on runs, before digging. Avoiding perforate the routes of other services
- Direct connection to any accessible point of the pipe
- No need for guides or probes
- CPS mode with polarity of the induced signal allows to see the direction of the current and to discriminate returns.
- Specific guide and probe accessory pack for non-metallic piping
Electric distribution network digitisation (*)
Once the network assets have been located, the next step in the digitisation of electrical networks is to know where the connection lines run between the different assets.
Merytronic has developed a complete solution, consisting of the MRT-700 device together with the GridGIS Map Creator app. This solution makes it possible to locate and trace the network while recording the data in the digitisation app. Thanks to the app, existing data can be downloaded from the company’s GIS system on a map of the terrain, edited and expanded during field work and uploaded to the system once the work has been completed. This process is carried out in a simple way, thus avoiding transcription errors.
Piping networks digitisation
The MRT-700 device and its digitalisation app GridGIS Map Creator, help to carry out the digitalisation of distribution networks for Oil&Gas companies in an agile and efficient way. It is suitable for metallic and non-metallic pipes.
Thanks to the app, existing data can be downloaded from the company’s GIS system on a map of the terrain, edited and expanded during field work and uploaded to the system once the work has been completed. This process is carried out in a simple way, thus avoiding transcription errors.
(*) For digitising applications, the device must be ordered with the following extras:
– MRT-700 with integrated GPS (accuracy <1m) and internal datalogger (for data transfer via Bluetooth).
– Digitising App: GridGIS Map Creator. (Developed by Ariadna, our technology partner)
MRT-700 Underground cable locator and route tracing
MRT-700 Underground Cable Locator
MRT-700 and digitising app GridGIS Map Creator
MEE2020: MRT-700 Demo with GridGIS Map Creator
If you need more information about any of our products, please fill out this contact form: